Sheldon High School music teacher wins statewide award | Arts & Culture
James Mazzaferro, band director at Sheldon High School, has been selected to receive the Byron Hoyt/Don Schmeer Band Educator award by the California Association of Music Education (CMEA) Executive Board. This award recognizes excellence in instrumental education and performance.
Mazzaferro will receive the award at CMEA’s California All State Music Education Conference on February 13, 2013 in Fresno, California.
CMEA is a Federated unit of the National Association for Music Education (NAfMe). Membership is open to all music educators working in public and private schools, colleges and universities in California. The purpose of the association is to promote access to a sequential music education for all PreK-12 students taught by fully qualified music educators; to support and improve existing music programs; to promote quality pre-service and in-service music teacher preparation programs; and to create a greater awareness of the value of music education through partnerships with other associations and advocacy among state and local agencies.
Source: Elk Grove Unified School District
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer
- All Mixed Up: A Mixed Media Exhibit
- Assemblyman Ken Cooley, Sacramento Children’s Museum Host 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration
- Couple arrested after baby's death deemed homicide
- Man gets 16 to life in murder in front of Rancho Cordova pet store
- Sprint shuttering Rancho Cordova call center, cutting 240 jobs