Elk Grove Community comes through for over 600 families | Community
With the support from our community, over 600 families received turkeys for their Thanksgiving celebration. Individuals, businesses and organizations brought in turkeys and holiday meal fixings to Elk Grove Food Bank Services for distribution on Tuesday. “The response from our community was overwhelming,” Marie Jachino, EGFBS Executive Director stated. “We have received hundreds of turkeys from turkey drives over the weekend, dozens of turkeys from organizations and many, many individual donations.”
A small army of volunteers dedicated to serving their neighbors in need worked toward the Distribution Day’s smooth operation. Thank you to all involved in our Annual Turkey Distribution and bringing families together around the holiday table. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of families struggling in these difficult economic times.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer