Great Hang Up: 'Glee' star sings praises of safe driving | Events
Great Hang Up: Amber Riley, known for her role as Mercedes on the TV show "Glee,"has another new role as an advocate for safe teen driving.
Riley is helping promote the "Celebrate My Drive" effort from State Farm that encourages sharing information over scare tactics.
Riley says her own personal experience after an accident where she was hit by an inexperienced driver made this a good fit.
Saturday there will be hundreds of "Celebrate My Drive" events taking place. The free "Celebrate My Drive" event takes place Saturday at Scandia off I-80 and Madison from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Melissa Crowley will be taking part in another safe teen driving event this weekend called "Who Holds the Keys to Your Future" by CA Friday Night Live. The event focuses on safe teen riving and hundreds of teens are expected to take the pledge to hang up and drive.
You can also take the pledge to hang up and drive and maybe earn a free pizza at News10's Friday game of the week Cosumnes Oaks versus Franklin-Elk Grove at 7:15.
Share your photos with us on our Great Hang Up facebook page.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Search teams looking for missing Folsom man on American River
- Woman's remains found along highway in El Dorado County
- Officials investigate fatal El Dorado County plane crash
- Fatal plane crash in Placerville leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- CHP: 5 injured, driver arrested for DUI in head-on crash with school bus