Great Hang Up: 'Glee' star sings praises of safe driving | Events
Great Hang Up: Amber Riley, known for her role as Mercedes on the TV show "Glee,"has another new role as an advocate for safe teen driving.
Riley is helping promote the "Celebrate My Drive" effort from State Farm that encourages sharing information over scare tactics.
Riley says her own personal experience after an accident where she was hit by an inexperienced driver made this a good fit.
Saturday there will be hundreds of "Celebrate My Drive" events taking place. The free "Celebrate My Drive" event takes place Saturday at Scandia off I-80 and Madison from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Melissa Crowley will be taking part in another safe teen driving event this weekend called "Who Holds the Keys to Your Future" by CA Friday Night Live. The event focuses on safe teen riving and hundreds of teens are expected to take the pledge to hang up and drive.
You can also take the pledge to hang up and drive and maybe earn a free pizza at News10's Friday game of the week Cosumnes Oaks versus Franklin-Elk Grove at 7:15.
Share your photos with us on our Great Hang Up facebook page.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer