Weekly Challenge: Pick Your Day! | Health
Tis the season for parties, celebrations, get togethers...food is everywhere all the time this time of year, and it isn't always the healthy stuff.
The bad news: the average person expects to gain weight during the holidays, and does so.
The good news: YOU don't have to!
This holiday season, make a deal with yourself: Do your best to eat healthly and clean six days out of the week. And pick ONE day a week to indulge.
Now let's be clear here, indulge does not mean "eat the entire cheesecake followed by a chocolate fondue chaser with a bottle of champagne to wash it all down." Nope, not gonna happen. Right?
What I do mean is: decide that you will have a small piece of that cheesecake, enjoy a glass of wine, and take a day to not count calories.
Of course even on an indulgent day you will still want to get those veggies in and hydrate - in fact, you should hydrate extra to get the extra sodium flowing right out of your body. But take a day to indulge, and celebrate.
Happy December :)
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer