Be Ready For High School Tryouts | Life
If your son or daughter is going to be playing high school sports in Elk Grove in the next school year now is the time to get them to the doctor…….as you would hope the school district requires would be athletes to get a physical from their doctor if they want to play and the timing of that physical is crucial-----if the last physical was before May it doesn’t fit into the proper timeline, at least for Cosumnes Oaks High School…….in addition to getting an updated physical moms and dads have to fill out several other forms-----permission slips, emergency information, concussion report, voluntary contribution sheet and more-----all needed to get a clearance card that is required before a student is allowed to take part in practice……..each school may have a different routine but the general idea is the same-----for students at COHS the target date is early August as that’s when the athletic department will be handing out the clearance cards provided you present all the necessary paperwork……check with the school your child attends but do it soon-----you don’t want them to have to sit on the sideline and watch when tryouts begin.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer