Changes at Franklin High and Johnson Middle School | Life
Parents with children at Elk Grove’s Franklin High School and Toby Johnson Middle School have to change their drop off and pick up plans before and after school…….Traffic in the area has always been a problem mornings around 8am and afternoons around 3pm and the concerns are even greater after a 12 year old boy was struck by a car while he was riding a bicycle in the crosswalk at the intersection of Franklin High Road and Hewitt Way last December…..With that in mind the Elk Grove Unified School District, Cosumnes Community Services District, and the Elk Grove Police Department have partnered up on a plan to ease congestion----in a nutshell here it is---- Parents using the Mossaic and Sorrentino neighborhoods to drop off their kids should consider using the parking lots at Bartholomew Park or Morse Park instead….New “no stopping” signs are going up in those neighborhoods effective from 7:30am to 9:00am and again from 2:30pm to 3:30pm on weekdays….For 30 days starting February 4th police will be in the neighborhood informing parents of the changes but once the transition period ends the new rules will be enforced…….There’s more information for moms and dads on the School Loop website for Franklin and Johnson schools.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer
- All Mixed Up: A Mixed Media Exhibit
- Assemblyman Ken Cooley, Sacramento Children’s Museum Host 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration
- Couple arrested after baby's death deemed homicide
- Man gets 16 to life in murder in front of Rancho Cordova pet store
- Sprint shuttering Rancho Cordova call center, cutting 240 jobs