Capital Nursery calling it quits | News
CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA -- The owners of Capital Nursery, a longtime business in the Sacramento area, have decided to close their last two locations in Citrus Heights and Elk Grove.
Mike Runner, manager of the Citrus Heights nursery, said the company has been losing money.
The closure means at least 60 people, full- and part-time will be out of a job as of Dec. 15.
Runner has been with Capital Nursery for 32 years and said employees were very upset and heartbroken.
The landscaping division is also being shuttered.
Liquidation sales begin Wednesday at both locations.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer