Missing Elk Grove man found dead | News
ELK GROVE, CA - An Elk Grove man missing since Thursday was found dead Saturday morning.
Jeffrey Ried, 51, left his home between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., leaving behind his wallet and other several personal items, Elk Grove police Officer Chris Trim said.
Ried was considered at-risk because there was evidence he was considering suicide and a handgun belonging to him was not found.
Trim said Ried's body was found in the brush near the railroad track close to Sheldon Road during a search of the area for him.
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding his death; there is no sign of foul play, Trim said.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man found shot to death at Fair Oaks home
- Aerial spraying for West Nile virus set for north Sacramento County
- Cooley Bill Strengthens Responsible Management of State IT Projects
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy 4th of July Holiday Weekend!
- Assemblyman Cooley’s AB 2187 Signed by the Governor - Ensures Funding for Child Abuse Prevention