UPDATE: Elk Grove Apple facility clear after Hazmat call | News
ELK GROVE, Calif. - Cosumnes Fire Department responders were dispatched to the Apple facility in Elk Grove Wednesday morning after an employee working on an iPod became ill.
Chief John Michelini of the Cosumnes Fire Protection District said the teams responded to the building on the 2000 block of Laguna Blvd. around 10:30 a.m.
A Hazmat team was subsequently called to the scene to assess the area, said Michelini.
Michelini said nobody was transported to the hospital and there was no reason to believe there was anything wrong with the iPod.
Crews were unable to detect any remaining substance in the building and the Department of Environmental Health cleared the building for employees to return around 11:25 a.m.
No update was provided on the employee's condition.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Search teams looking for missing Folsom man on American River
- Woman's remains found along highway in El Dorado County
- Officials investigate fatal El Dorado County plane crash
- Fatal plane crash in Placerville leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- CHP: 5 injured, driver arrested for DUI in head-on crash with school bus