Attempted abduction, suspicious minivan reported near 2 Elk Grove district schools | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - Extra police and security will be in the areas of Samuel Jackman Middle School and Valley High School following two student reports of an attempted abduction and a suspicious encounter.
Elizabeth Graswich, spokeswoman for the Elk Grove Unified School District, said at approximately 8:30 Thursday morning, a girl who attends Samuel Jackman Middle School was walking on Armadale Way several blocks away when she noticed a green minivan first following her, turning around and driving past her a second time. That was when someone in the van called out to her and the van stopped. She said a passenger in the van got out and grabbed her arm.
She pulled away, Graswich said and ran to her school where she told administrators what happened. Law enforcement was called to respond.
Wednesday, a Valley High School student walking on Valley Hi Drive near Prairie Elementary School at about 8 a.m. was called out to by a man in a green minivan. The man did not stop or get out of the vehicle and he drove off, Graswich said. The student told high school officials.
Graswich said extra police patrols would be in place and a letter was going home to parents of students at the schools.
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer
- All Mixed Up: A Mixed Media Exhibit
- Assemblyman Ken Cooley, Sacramento Children’s Museum Host 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration
- Couple arrested after baby's death deemed homicide
- Man gets 16 to life in murder in front of Rancho Cordova pet store
- Sprint shuttering Rancho Cordova call center, cutting 240 jobs