Sobriety check-points planned for Friday, Nov. 23 | Transportation
ELK GROVE, CA – The Elk Grove Police Department will be conducting a Sobriety/Drivers License checkpoint on Friday, November 23, 2012 at an undisclosed location within the city limits between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
The checkpoint will focus on removing impaired drivers, as well as unlicensed drivers from the roadways. Educational materials covering the dangers of driving under the influence will also be handed out to motorists. Funding for the sobriety checkpoint is provided through a grant from the U.C. Berkeley Traffic Safety Center with primary funding from the California Office of Traffic Safety.
The public is encouraged to call the Elk Grove Police Department at (916) 714-5111 (emergency line) or 911 if they observe impaired drivers on the roadways.
Source: Elk Grove Police Department
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man found shot to death at Fair Oaks home
- Aerial spraying for West Nile virus set for north Sacramento County
- Cooley Bill Strengthens Responsible Management of State IT Projects
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy 4th of July Holiday Weekend!
- Assemblyman Cooley’s AB 2187 Signed by the Governor - Ensures Funding for Child Abuse Prevention