Sobriety check-points planned for Friday, Nov. 23 | Transportation
ELK GROVE, CA – The Elk Grove Police Department will be conducting a Sobriety/Drivers License checkpoint on Friday, November 23, 2012 at an undisclosed location within the city limits between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
The checkpoint will focus on removing impaired drivers, as well as unlicensed drivers from the roadways. Educational materials covering the dangers of driving under the influence will also be handed out to motorists. Funding for the sobriety checkpoint is provided through a grant from the U.C. Berkeley Traffic Safety Center with primary funding from the California Office of Traffic Safety.
The public is encouraged to call the Elk Grove Police Department at (916) 714-5111 (emergency line) or 911 if they observe impaired drivers on the roadways.
Source: Elk Grove Police Department
Upcoming Events near Elk Grove
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer
- All Mixed Up: A Mixed Media Exhibit
- Assemblyman Ken Cooley, Sacramento Children’s Museum Host 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration
- Couple arrested after baby's death deemed homicide
- Man gets 16 to life in murder in front of Rancho Cordova pet store
- Sprint shuttering Rancho Cordova call center, cutting 240 jobs